1974 Yamaha DT250A custom cafe racer
Completely rebuilt from the ground up. Nothing left untouched. Lots of time and work building the perfect period correct cafe/GP vintage Yamaha!
Clean CA titled street legal 2 stroke!
- Matching numbers to frame, Completely disassembled and bead blasted, all new seals throughout, oil injection delete (pre-mix only)
- Wiseco YZ piston, all ports professionally cleaned and transfers smoothed for better flow.
- Brand new Mikuni VM28 carb
- 1977 IT400 CDI ignition, 6VAC system converted to 12VDC via trail tech bridge rectifier, all lights operate off 12VDC battery (very small RC car type pack)
- Otherwise factory engine set up for long lasting reliability. Kicks over easily and sounds amazing!
- Custom cable driven tach setup using early model tach gage and Kawasaki cable. Perfect match to engine for rev count and redline.
- Fully stripped “de-lugged” frame and stabilizers added. Super stiff enduro frame on the DTs.
- Bronze swingarm bushings, tapered steering bearings, NHK steering stabilizer, custom rearset foot controls, smooth shifting.
- Ducati single half faring from Airtech with Xanadu headlight and bright H3 bulb, clean 1975 XS500 tank modified for single fuel valve, Honda Drixton race seat from Airtech with classic cafe twin taillight. Clean low profile handlebar switch with high/low/off and kill.
- Keyed ignition
- 1982 Yamaha XS400J front end (35mm) with single disc using RD350 18” front wheel. All new fork seals. RD400 front fender modified to fit fork leg mounts
- Super rare original Bilstein moto rear shocks with adjustable preload
- Brand new Shinko tires, brand new chain, new brake pads
Lots of time spent on this bike and it’s ready to RIP! Lots of extra parts including engine case and cylinder head thrown in.
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar 1974 Yamaha DT (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: johnqgearhead
Location: Orangevale, California, United States